HAND OF HELP
- Benish Group and personally Meni Benish, are involved in various charity activities in Israel and Georgia. We believe that giving a hand of help to someone who needs it and see them happy, is the biggest motivation buster to our community, our employees and our partners. One of the organizations that we support is Special in Uniform.
- Special in Uniform operates in partnership with the Keren Kayemeth LeIsrael-and the Jewish National Fund. It integrates young people with autism and other disabilities into the Israel Defense Forces and, later on, into Israeli society.
- Thousands of young people with disabilities such as cerebral palsy, autism and intellectual disabilities were turned away from the army until 2008, when Lt.-Col. (Ret.) Ariel Almog founded Gdolim b’Madim with the Social Services Ministry, making it possible for Israelis with disabilities to serve in the IDF.
- The organization helps participants both before and during their service. After completing their time serving the army, they are able to find employment in many workplaces.
- A few years ago, Mr. Benish established a unit at the Zrifin – Israeli military base, named after his late father, Mr. Simon Benish.
- Mr. Benish is a Member of the Boars of Directors of the organization.